Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2017 Colorado 2.8 duramax. 35k miles on it. I’ve had it for about two weeks, no issues. I turn it off at the store, go inside and come back out. Went to start her up, and nothing happened. No clicking or anything. Get back out the truck and try to remote start it. Engine turns over making clicking sounds and then finally starts. I get inside, no check engine light or anything out of the usual is on. I drive it home and shut it down again and try to crank it out or curiosity...same thing again. No luck with the key, reluctantly starts with the remote. I go to bed and think on it. Wake up in the morning, turn the key, truck fires right up, no issue. Drive it to the station, shut her down. Come back, won’t start with key, reluctantly starts with remote. Drive it to parts store, they test battery, no issue. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this maybe?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Do you have a battery disconnect switch installed? I installed one on my truck because I tow it 4-down behind my MotorCoach. I had intermittent 'dead ignition' issues because the switch wasn't closing properly.

I ended up changing the 'green knob' switch to a simpler, but correct, bolt and wing nut device. No issues any more!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a battery disconnect switch installed? I installed one on my truck because I tow it 4-down behind my MotorCoach. I had intermittent 'dead ignition' issues because the switch wasn't closing properly.

I ended up changing the 'green knob' switch to a simpler, but correct, bolt and wing nut device. No issues any more!
I may have to look into this! It’s at the GMC dealership and they say they can’t find anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this issue. Starter was getting heat soaked when shut off for short periods of time. Started on the hottest days of the year, only on hot starts. Gradually turned into a characteristic failed solenoid.

Replaced starter, no issues since. Happened on '17 at 100k miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts