Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,

I recently purchased a new to me 2016 GMC canyon slt diesel. I have put about 2500 miles on it in the past 3 weeks, truck has just under 70k now. Ran fine last night but threw quite a few codes, but no physical issues, so I reset the codes. This morning I go out to start it, it will hit for a second then dies, same set of codes this morning, none of which would lead me to think it would not run.

Codes

P2199 intake air temp sensor 1/2 correlaition

P0102 mass or volume air circuit low

P00f6 humidity sensor erratic

P00f6 humidity sensor low

P0097 intake air temperature sensor 2 circuit low bank 1

Anyone ever seen anything similar?

I appreciate all the help in advance, I purchased a 3rd party warranty with this, but we will see how that goes when I can get it to the dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dealer has it at the moment, they called today and told me it was the iat sensor right on the air box. He called me an hour later and said it still has the same codes and that the iat wasn't the issue. The problem I see is that when I pulled these codes they were permanent codes meaning emissions related and they cannot be cleared without a drive cycle if I understand correctly, I told the service writer this and he had no idea what I was talking about. I am trying to figure out how to post it, but I found one of GM's PDFs with all of the chaff points when I started lurking the forums. Thanks again for the help guys.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealer just called, they did come to the conclusion that the maf/multi function sensor was bad, but they also found a wire rubbed through against the ac condenser, and they also are saying that my alternator is bad and that it is only putting out voltage in the high 11's .

The 3rd party warranty (endurance) is covering everything minus the deductible, happy with them so far...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts