Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was planning on buying new this year, decided to wait another year to see how this truck shakes out. Have there been any reports of people with 75K or more on their trucks? I know the diesels have only been out for a couple of years, but there are people out there that put good miles on their vehicles.

I dont drive high miles every year and I don't tow heavy - occasional landscaping trailer and a bass boat. Don't need a diesel, but want one.

I know most people only post when they have problems, but would like to see more success stories before pulling the trigger.

Would like to hear from those that are happy with their purchase - pretty much set on the Canyon, but if the diesel is problematic, will go with the gasser.

Thanks - Adam.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
We have a 2017 GMC Cayon SLE All-Terrain CCLB. Bought it new in February. The wife loved it and drove it constantly up until last month when we finally got a 2010 Honda Civic for her to use more as a daily driver rather than putting a bunch of miles on the truck. Currently, it is sitting at 24,500 miles already and it had 3 when we left the lot :rolleyes: I can't say I have had any problems with the truck that would keep me from recommending someone buy it. Power, torque, fuel economy, smooth & quiet along with a comfortable ride. We occasionally pull a 12x6 utility trailer with 2 ATV's on it, and it handles that small job great. Other than that, it's a daily commuter (or was).

Oil changes and fuel filter changes are very easy on it too. If you plan to do any hauling of stuff, like going camping or fishing, I would recommend the long bed. We got one and there are still days that I feel I don't have enough room for stuff (without hooking the trailer). The only aftermarket thing on our truck so far is a set of Westin HDX nerf bars. Intend to do more performance upgrades, but none so far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts