Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,
so this lovely spring day i decided to change my fuel filters, quick easy project i've done many times.. however today as i attempted to loosen the drain screw, it snapped of in my hand.. dang it.. and before we go any further, yes..i was turning it the correct direction, yes, i had only tightened it hand tight previously.. and no, i have no idea where to just get the plastic screw.
i let the broken screw stay in, and simply drained it when i removed the 1st filter.. but would like to repair this next filter change, without buying the entire assembly.
Has anyone else had this happen? and any idea if the plastic drain screw is available?
thanks for your help,
Aplqst1

·
Registered
556 Posts
hello all,
so this lovely spring day i decided to change my fuel filters, quick easy project i've done many times.. however today as i attempted to loosen the drain screw, it snapped of in my hand.. dang it.. and before we go any further, yes..i was turning it the correct direction, yes, i had only tightened it hand tight previously.. and no, i have no idea where to just get the plastic screw.
i let the broken screw stay in, and simply drained it when i removed the 1st filter.. but would like to repair this next filter change, without buying the entire assembly.
Has anyone else had this happen? and any idea if the plastic drain screw is available?
thanks for your help,
Aplqst1
I got one for the tool box just incase

Reactions: Albe23
1 - 4 of 4 Posts