Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a little issue recently with my taillights that I thought was odd so I thought I’d create a post about what fixed it.

I drive a 2019 Colorado baby duramax and I love the truck. Recently I had my taillights go out on my truck. Turn signals worked, brake lights worked, but was completely dark back there when I’d turn the headlights on. I mean when I hit the brake pedal they’d light up and turn signals still worked but you know when you turn the headlights on the taillights are supposed to light up and they wouldn’t. Checked all the fuses in both fuse boxes and they’re all good. So I called the dealer near my house, they are 2 weeks out on appointments. That’s unacceptable to me. Call the dealer near my work. they can work me in in about 2-3 days. Ok set appointment. In the mean time I decided to pull my taillights off and look at the bulbs, the 2 on one side looked fine, never really looked at the other 2 as I just decided to replace all 4. $17 in bulbs from napa later everything works as it should. Lights come on when I turn my headlights on, break lights, turn signals, yay I’m back in business.

Anyways, thought that was odd fix for that and thought to post in case anyone else experiences this issue. My only problem now is I’m a bit salty over the $17 and spending my time on it. I mean what’s the point of having a warranty if I’m doing the work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me, however spending the money and doing it myself is a much better option than wasting my life at my crappy dealership. I think they are purposely terrible so people don't want to bother taking it there for <$100 repairs...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts