Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know there are a few floating around in here that have more than just leveling kits. I've all the sudden got a wild hair up my ass about doing a 5.5" lift. I'd like to hear your experience, pro's and con's you've found, and what brand you're running. Oh and pics wouldn't hurt.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well now that's we've totally derailed my original topic. Those of you who are paying attention, thoughts on lift / no lift?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
5.5” is way too much altitude for my taste
For what reason, just usability of getting yourself and things in and out? I really don't have a gauge as to how it would be. I am coming off of a 2015 Wrangler that I had a "leveling kit" that basically equated to a roughly 3" lift it was Ok, and allowed me to fit 33" tires. I'm just tired of looking over and being eye to eye with people in midsize SUV's.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
For what reason, just usability of getting yourself and things in and out? I really don't have a gauge as to how it would be. I am coming off of a 2015 Wrangler that I had a "leveling kit" that basically equated to a roughly 3" lift it was Ok, and allowed me to fit 33" tires. I'm just tired of looking over and being eye to eye with people in midsize SUV's.
Since you asked, I feel like that much lift on a small truck throws off the proportions and makes them look goofy. Combine that with the fact that the truck would be just plain harder to use and it rules it out for me.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fair enough. I like the looks from the side and think that the 5" still looks pretty proportional, but when you see a head on shot I think it looks a little goofy. I think it is the fact that the wheel/tires have to stay so tucked in to clear.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well looks like Chevy made up my mind for me. 2019 Silverado will be available with a 3L diesel, until I see real world spec on that truck I'm not spending a dime on this one other than fuel and oil changes. Oh and the new design actually has rounded wheel wells, and might be able to handle a decent sized tire without needing a mammoth lift!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
well looks like Chevy made up my mind for me. 2019 Silverado will be available with a 3L diesel, until I see real world spec on that truck I'm not spending a dime on this one other than fuel and oil changes. Oh and the new design actually has rounded wheel wells, and might be able to handle a decent sized tire without needing a mammoth lift!!
The 2019 Silverado look good. 3L diesel is tempting, but I still want a midsize truck. I’ll stay with my canyon. But if the Jeep come out with the 3.0 diesel in the possible named Scrambler truck, I may make a jump.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would also give a hard look at the Jeep if it does come out. I do like the size of the Colorado, until I don't. It is great most of the time, but there are times where I miss the full size. We'll see. The fact that the truck that I would likely want will be dangerously close to $50K will also be a deterrent.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I agreed with you about the space. I struggle to make my gear fit in my canyon. I never had to worry about space when I had the Tundra. But I smile every time I get down a tight trail to my secret camping my spot.

But at $50K for a diesel full size sound very appealing. My canyon was $48K, so it’s not far off.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My hopes are the Custom Z71 trail boss will have the diesel available and won't be too dreadful on the interior bits and will be had for around $45k which is about what my Colorado was. And that the Colorado will still have some value for trade by next fall.

·
Registered
584 Posts
My hopes are the Custom Z71 trail boss will have the diesel available and won't be too dreadful on the interior bits and will be had for around $45k which is about what my Colorado was. And that the Colorado will still have some value for trade by next fall.
Keep your fingers crossed. I do like where they locate 4x4 knob in the picture of the 2019 Silverado interior

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
there is a lot I like about what I've seen. Might actually get me off my butt and down to the Auto show next month. Maybe by then they will have released more of the spec.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts