Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Those of you with long beds will be loving that. That would be 800city miles or 1000+ hwy miles range. Sick!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, kinda unfortunate that the short beds won't fit the tank, I think they missed a large part of the market going with just the long beds

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figure that's what it is. just sucks. I see a lot of these shortbed diesels that would definitely opt for it if it was available. Glad I got the long bed though lol. ive been waiting on them to come out with one

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We have a special discount on fuel through the dealership, I was able to fill up for 2.25/gallon so it wasn't terrible. Definately gonna like being able to go a month between fill ups lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
753 MILES WHEN I REFILLED AT 1/4 TANK. TOOK EXACTLY 30 GALLONS AND I COULD SEE THE FUEL IN MY FILL NOZZLE. BY MY CALCULATIONS AND CURRENT FUEL ECONOMY IN TOWN, I CAN GO JUST OVER 900 MILES ON A TANK. I FIGURE IT WOULD BE WELL OVER 1000 HIGHWAY MILES

·
Registered
587 Posts
753 MILES WHEN I REFILLED AT 1/4 TANK. TOOK EXACTLY 30 GALLONS AND I COULD SEE THE FUEL IN MY FILL NOZZLE. BY MY CALCULATIONS AND CURRENT FUEL ECONOMY IN TOWN, I CAN GO JUST OVER 900 MILES ON A TANK. I FIGURE IT WOULD BE WELL OVER 1000 HIGHWAY MILES
Dang, you are killing me. Making me jealous that I have a short bed and can’t do the tank upgrade.

All joking aside, that is some impressive range.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
That’s fantastic. If I had a long bed I would do this for sure.

Had to pull drive shaft but was actually pretty easy
How bad did those E rated tires hurt your mpg?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got my tank installed a few weeks ago.
Love it.
Just did nearly 300 miles before the needle moved.
Should get well over a 1000 miles per tank.

·
Registered
189 Posts
So, $1000 with install to be allowed to pee into a Mason jar on long trips? Not to mention Depends for the missus. I know this is done, but fuel stops were quite welcome on our 13000 mile trip, at near full load. I'm thinking you're inviting DVT....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have inquired to titan the possibility of developing a tank for short beds, obviously, would not be room for a 36 gallon unit ,
but leaving the front of the tank pushed forward of the fuel filters and possible making it deeper could result in close to 30 gallons.
maybe use the space of the def tank for those who delete? what do other short bed users think?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Would it be worth the change to go to 30 gallon ? I mean it’s 21 ish now and with slow fueling can add a couple extra gals, so your talking all that for 6 gals maybe ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts