Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this has been discussed in other threads apologies... I have a 2018 Canyon 4x4 2.8. I need this truck to be able to go low speeds up steep dirt roads in 90 degree temp. I am seeing trans temp of 230 and I'm uncomfortable with that. I suspect this is largely due to TC being unlocked.

1. At what speed is the trans programmed to lock up? Or is it a torque amount?
2. Will the TC lock at lower speed in 4WD Low? This is the case with my Dodge Cummins & 68rfe trans, and the only way I can keep the temp down is to tow in low when going less than 30 mph.
3. who makes a gauge pac that will show TC lock? I have a H&S mini max on my dodge and I find monitoring TC lock is a way to keep trans temp down.
4. Will driving in low and raising engine rpm help with the emssions CEL that you can get when going to slow and not getting the necessary regen?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You can remove the flaps on the front of the truck that will allow more airflow over the radiators. There is a thread somewhere on here about it. Temps have been discussed on here and the consensus is that 230 is ok. Not desirable but ok.
And I do believe the TC locks up in 4low. Have you changed your transmission and differential fluids yet?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts