Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I do I do!!!!

I already looked on eBay, and so far nobody offers anything for them. That's something I would pay to have on the truck right now, I have had tow mirrors on every truck I have owned for the past 10 years, so it really sucks not having them now.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I have looked a few times, I really hope somebody develops something for them, I would buy them in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
These are made in Australia for the Holden Colorado. There is a vender trying to bring these tow mirrors into the states.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you talking about the ones on Clearview? $600 US is a little too high for me.
Not sure if Clearview is the vender, but I would agree that $600 US is a little on the pricey side for mirrors. Give it some time as I am certain GM will release their own as an option.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure if Clearview is the vender, but I would agree that $600 US is a little on the pricey side for mirrors. Give it some time as I am certain GM will release their own as an option.
https://store-clearviewmirrors.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_4&product_id=4

these are the ones I found. Looks almost identical to the previous gen of HD mirrors, so hopefully it will just be a matter of time before they hit state side and the Chinese forgers start making them for less than $200 a set.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Has anyone got any of these tow mirrors from this Clearview company? I was just thinking it would be nice to have some tow mirrors and searched the internet and found some info on the coloradofans.com forum about them. Those guys are gunho about getting those mirrors. I looked on the Clearview website and while they don't exactly list the American Colorado/ Canyon for mirrors, if you chose the Holden Colorado RG 2012+, it says in the description that they make them for the American versions; you just have to contact them about getting them.

I looked at the specifications for the RG Colorado and the Manual Black mirrors for that one are $695 Australian, which converts to $516.68 USD, plus shipping...I want mirrors, but not that bad. I think I paid $250 for my ones on my 2004 Silverado.

Unless someone has found some from a different company that are the same style?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is. The factory mirrors are just fine. Nice and convex to give you a wide viewing angle. My trailer is 102" wide and here's my view (zoomed in, but same angle I look out)

IMG_6332.JPG

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I believe you do gain the ability to see behind you a little more, like if someone is right behind your trailer, with a tow mirror. Also, I like having the ability to have the smaller mirrors to either see if someone is in your blind spot without having to look all around (if you don't have the blind spot detection on your vehicle which we do not) or aim them at your tires; I had to do a bunch of parallel parking with my 2004 CCSB and it made it very nice being able to see where my tires were at if I was going to run into a curb or not. And I like the look they give a truck. However, I have yet to see these mirrors on a Canyon, so I'm not sure exactly what I think of them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is. The factory mirrors are just fine. Nice and convex to give you a wide viewing angle. My trailer is 102" wide and here's my view (zoomed in, but same angle I look out)

View attachment 2993

Mostly for people that tow really wide trailers. And for people that like to replace mirrors a couple of times a year.

People here leave them fully extended, trailer or no trailer, and they hit mirrors with other drivers. I've been hit three times by tow mirrors....

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I never left mine extended. I just liked having the bigger main mirror, along with having a much larger (and adjustbale) convex mirror or whatever you call it. I think the only time I ever extended mine was when we pulled a trailer with ATV's and SxS's to Tennessee. Liked the look they gave the truck too.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nothing wrong with using them if you use them as they are meant to be. Problem in my area people don't do that.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yea, some people are inconsiderate. I think leaving the Ford and GM mirrors extended when there is nothing behind you looks dumb anyways. Dodge mirrors (so long as they are on a Dodge, think I saw a set on either an older Chevy or Ford o_O ), they usually make some trucks look better if you leave them flipped up. Other times though, again, they look dumb left up all the time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So I just purchased a Travel Trailer and I now need Towing Mirrors to see around the wide a$$ camper. I contacted Boost Auto and they said they are a few months away from selling them (under $400). I don't really want to spend the cash for Clearview Mirrors ($570) but looks like I will have to if I want to go camping before the Boost Auto mirrors hit the market.
Might pull it on close weekend trips until Boost Mirrors are ready.... Might just pull the trigger on the Clearview,,,, I still have snow here and who knows when it will be gone.... Decisions... Decisions... Decisions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's very surprising the OEM doesn't offer better tow mirrors as an accessory. Especially considering GMC/Chevrolet brag about this truck's towing ability.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts