Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just switched back to my summer tires on my 2018 chevy colorado LT 2.8 duramax. I watched youtube to see how to reset the TPMS valve stems but it's not working for me. I'm getting the two chirps and the light on drivers front to start but it's not taking. Can someone explain in depth how to do this please

·
Registered
150 Posts
On my 2017:
How to engage TPMS Learning Mode - (Done after every tire rotation/change as tire location is sensitive).

1. Turn ignition to 'on' and afterwards turn OFF the automatic headlights

2. Press both Lock and Unlock buttons on the key fob at the same time until horn honks. Turn signals will independently light for the tire you need to activate (pattern is LF>RF>RR>LR).

3a. Activation with TPMS activation tool place tool on rim of active tire (the corner w/flashing turn signal) and press TX button until horn honks.

OR

3b. Activation without activation tool (the poor man's method) - Let air out of the active tire (the corner w/flashing turn signal) until the TPMS sends a low air pressure (activation) signal and horn honks - HAVE A COMPRESSOR HANDY AS YOU MUST ADD AIR AGAIN.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts