Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Colorado diesel and I can’t figure out what’s wrong with the signal going to the trailer. Everything works except the right turn/brake signals. The right running light works fine on trailer. So I figured out it is the truck and not the trailer. So I unhooked the harness from behind bumper to test there and still to right turn/brake signals. I swapped fuses from right to left and everything works on left side still. I also swapped a F24 to F27 one said trailer and other was itbc I think either way still not working. Where would be my next step to finding a fix?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Could it possibly be there is a pin or wiring fault in either the trailer's connector or it's RHS harness. If the trailer's harness is 7-pin, aren't the running lights isolated from the brake/turn lights?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it’s just the brake / turn wire that’s not getting signal. Running lights all work good for trailer. I think it’s the wiring somewhere because I unplugged harness from 7 pin connector and it still isn’t getting signal to right turn/brake for trailer

·
Registered
110 Posts
Have you tested the truck's 7-pin output with a multi-meter to see if you have voltage for the RHS? If you see the voltage changes there, it must be in the trailer harness; otherwise it is in the truck, I would think.
Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tested the truck's 7-pin output with a multi-meter to see if you have voltage for the RHS? If you see the voltage changes there, it must be in the trailer harness; otherwise it is in the truck, I would think.
Good luck!
Yes it’s def the truck nothing to RHS on the 7 pin. And unhooked harness from back of 7 pin connector and still nothing

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well then, you'll have a backward voltage tracking job on the truck to see where the fault resides.
Good luck to you, and if possible, followup on this thread with the resolution for others who may see the same or similar issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s the next step. Was hoping that I wasn’t the first and would of been an easy fix but I will update when I find issue

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes, I empathize with you as I too would have hoped someone would respond with some relevant, direct or indirect, advice. I have a lot of experience wiring my Coach 7-way plug to my dingys, including the Colorado. My issues have only been with my 'self-inflicted' ones on the dingy side, which I was able to resolve by backtracking my installation and re-reading the instructions.
Your job will be to find, hopefully, what simple issue is causing your power fault.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2016 Colorado diesel and I can’t figure out what’s wrong with the signal going to the trailer. Everything works except the right turn/brake signals. The right running light works fine on trailer. So I figured out it is the truck and not the trailer. So I unhooked the harness from behind bumper to test there and still to right turn/brake signals. I swapped fuses from right to left and everything works on left side still. I also swapped a F24 to F27 one said trailer and other was itbc I think either way still not working. Where would be my next step to finding a fix?
did you get this resolved I am having the exact same issue but on the left side

·
Registered
355 Posts
Check fuses for trailer plug
The power to the plug is fused.
in the fuse box with all the rest of the fuses

1 - 10 of 10 Posts