Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody who has installed an aftermarket pan, I’d be interested in buying your stock pan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you want a drain in your trans pan, go to an auto parts store or look one up online , I picked one up before I started the project. Once you drop the pan and clean it ,you simply drill a 1/2 " hole where you want it and install the adapter. Took 10 minutes to install. Mine started to [email protected] I dropped the pan changed filter added drain and replaced fluid with Mobil1 "blue label" I got at the dealer -Best Price-. It fixed the problem. I ran it about a week and drained and refilled to get more of old fluid out. Works great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It’s a plug but there’s a tube that makes at the right height inside so it only drains at the correct level when doing the level check procedure

·
Registered
983 Posts
For anyone who hasn’t changed theirs yet, you really should have it changed, especially if you have some miles on the truck. I changed mine for the 2nd time today. 90k on the truck w/ 45k miles on the fluid. Here is a how-to video I put together while changing it.

·
Registered
983 Posts
New fluid on the left, old on the right. Not really burnt smelling, just dark. Bottom picture is the metal gunk I wiped off the magnet. Also found a few shards in the pan while draining the last of the fluid out too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ya, it is great to suck the fluid out first before removing the pan to avoid what I call the "Red Sea Scenario" We don't want that :LOL:

It really is nice if one can do this work themselves. Quite cathartic to replace the old fluid with new with your own hands. Same thing with oil. I guess I am wired a little funny that way. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts