Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Drink Beer

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see this as a discussion about a very wide spectrum of issues that really have the same description.

This weekend I installed the K&N Cold Air Intake in my 2016 Chev Colo Z71 2.8 D. The install went flawless. Took my time and followed the included directions. Started the truck up after the work and backed it down the driveway. Once in the flat street I noticed I had no gas, just idle. So I limped what I thought was a good running truck into my spot, I noticed I had no response from peddle. Its Colorado, so I knew once I left the warmth of my garage and am now parked on the street, I needed to wait till the morning. So next morning notice the same problem. Truck started, ran and idled, but no peddle response at all. So que all day and all the next day racking my brain, going through all these threads reading your posts and back and forth trips to my local auto shops. I think anyone dealing with this circle of problem and fixes slash ideas really understands what these few hours consisted of in regards to troubleshooting and trying things over and over and over because no one really has found the single problem to such a frequent problem!!!!! So after some silver bullets, reading notes from honorable men like yourself. I did something different. It was like the golden hour man. Sunday night before work on Monday. I unplugged the High Air Flow sensor while the truck was running. Turned the truck off. Turned the truck on. Boom, **** worked fine. So, I determined it was the sensor. After resetting the alarm and all the other rabbit holes I ran down. It was the Air Flow sensor. No codes thrown the entire time I was messing with this issue.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nothing good ever comes from installing a K&N intake.

Reactions: SFLTruck
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.