Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
It sure if anyone out there can shed some light on these guys but they ship to the usa
and I think you can flash back if things get bad down there.
I been thinking of going this route
I put this tune in iit is everything that they say it is just save the old exhaust worse that could happen is you would have to put it all back on and delete the tune but beleave me the difference in performance is amazing

·
Registered
6 Posts
It sure if anyone out there can shed some light on these guys but they ship to the usa
and I think you can flash back if things get bad down there.
I been thinking of going this route
I have this tune in my 2018 Colorado 2.8 with 120something thousand on it it does everything it clamps fuel mileage went up by about 4 miles a gallon and so much more noticeable power it’s like driving a new truck

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree. What a joke some of this idiotic crap is. The last thing we need to be doing is cutting down trees. And let it be known that it’s not us disposing of plastics in the ocean but it is the 3rd world..
And what a joke when they talk about pollution. In the last 5 years I have purchased 3 washing machines. The quality is so bad that they don’t last. And it’s only me and my wife. We throw out more today than ever before.
There isn’t enough lithium to replace all the gas and diesel vehicles. And lithium is real dirty to mine.
Years ago GM was planning on building hydrogen powered vehicles. If anyone remembers they were going to be a hydrogen platform with what ever body you wanted on top of it.
Where is the hydrogen platform from GM now? GM is such a poorly run company. I swore years ago that I would never purchase another GM but I was really taken by a small diesel that gets amazing fuel mileage.
GM will discontinue the little 2.8 (another stupid GM move) just when the USA is run by a green president. A President that is about to rejoin the Paris Accord and implement a carbon tax that will drive the price of fuel though the roof.
Say good by to full sized truck sales.
Say hello to people saying we want the little diesel back........ GM idiots....

I bet GM will reinvest in hydrogen now that Toyota is renting hydrogen powered cars in Vancouver.....
Vancouver has had hydrogen powered busses for years.

Update
BC Transit's $90M hydrogen bus fleet to be sold off, converted to diesel.
Coloradorob, I couldn't agree with you more. Things are built so freaking cheap these days, GM really is a **** company but I couldn't resist a 4 cylinder turbo diesel. And that this diesel engine has been around for a while and was developed by another company, GM just put there badge and emissions garbage on it.
The GM stealership in Carson City NV (Michael Hohl) has tried to screw me over so many times. The truck is very capable, but not without the interior rattling with plastic parts. Funny you mention buying 3 washing machines, as I've had to purchase 3 dryers within the last 2.5 years. Its like everything is built with quality being last on the list.
Elon Musk had an interview recently where he said CEOs need to spend less time in board meetings and more time on the factory floor figuring out how to make the best product possible. Is your product as good as it can be, probably not, if it is then the profits will follow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The EPA tuner crackdown came years into the Trump / Pence presidency. Tuning became the rage before and survived well past the Obama / Biden presidency. I don’t know what is going to happen but it doesn’t seem like what party‘s president is in office matters. My impression is that commercial trucking is more likely the target for shutting down tuners. There is such a small percentage of passenger cars/trucks tuned I doubt there will ever be enough incentive to come after the relatively few individual owners of little trucks and cars. The dollars it would cost to enforce isn’t in the same universe of the benefits possibly gained in reduced pollution. There are very much bigger “offenders” to dedicate those resources to for much greater gain. Commercial refrigeration is just the kind of “bang for the buck” that makes sense. But, they aren’t going to come check your deep freeze you keep your deer meat in.
I think your right. From an enforcement end, if you’ve already tuned your truck your most likely not going to get caught unless you live in a state that does smog inspections, or your state decides to start doing them. Otherwise no ones gonna be looking under your truck to see that the emissions stuff is still intact. On the commercial end, 18 wheelers do get inspected. Those weigh scales you see on the side of the highway do more than just enforce weight restrictions. Source: am a cdl driver and it’s never fun being pulled in and having the cops pop my hood. Now that’s not to say there aren’t drivers out there who haven’t deleted their emissions, I know one such driver, and it’s beyond me how he hasn’t been caught yet, but it’s just a matter of time and he will be shut down and fined.

But if you live in an area that has no smog checks and you can find a way to delete more power to you, most likely you aren’t getting caught. Who is being shut down are the companies performing the service and parts, they’re much easier to find and go after.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts