Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advice on the above two issues with my 2016 Colorado Z71. I purchased used in Sept. '19 and the truck already had 90k miles logged. I noticed the hissing noise associated with the turbo a couple months ago. From what I've read it's likely a bent fin. The deal with the exhaust leak inside the cabin is new. I noticed it about 2 weeks ago. What I don't understand is why it's not noticed until after I"ve been driving around town for an hour or so, basically non-stop city driving. I've been pimping her out for ride sharing with Lyft and Uber since January, but I have to park it when those fumes starting coming in. And it's not so much like regular exhaust. Of course this is my first diesel, so maybe the burning rich smell is normal...? Anyway, if someone has an idea of where I can look for a leak or any other advice, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, the previous owner did put an aftermarket exhaust on the truck. I'm not sure what brand or type but will take a look to see.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Well the bent fin needs fixed sooner than later. Replace the turbo wheel now for $100-200 or let it take out the whole turbo and replace it for $600-800.

As far as the exhaust fumes go, it's probably related to the bent fin in some manner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts