Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Crew 2.8
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering how many have experienced this failure? Still under extended warranty, waiting for the gm 6 piece kit to arrive. I’m a bit concerned about the oil drool and the hot side of the upper air to air pipes getting greasy around the rubber boots too… This seems to be a semi-recent development. Wondering if the turbo may be leaking a bit of oil as well? I discovered the problem just by looking in the passenger side wheel well, plain as day to see! Truck is a stock 2016 with 85000 miles! I visited this site quite a bit 3yrs ago when I purchased the truck, haven’t been back much since. I can’t believe how many instances engines self destructing have occurred since then! Thought I had a solid machine, now starting to wonder?

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Haven't seen that failure before, but the oil is normal. It comes from the PCV system which causes oil to flow/collect in the intake system starting at the PCV outlet in the intake tube that connects to the airbox. I would be more concerned about how much dirt, etc has been ingested through that hole, though. That is definitely not good for turbo life.

·
Registered
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Crew 2.8
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just thought I’d share, and maybe encourage a few other owners to take a quick peak behind the front passenger wheel and check their’s.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would pull off the hose, clean the inside out, look for any cracks or pin holes. If none present re attach hose with a new clamp nice and snug.
There's a giant hole in the boot visible in the picture.

Reactions: Albe23

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looks like long term exposure to oil rotted the hose. Yikes. Check the hot side turbo hose on that side of the engine too, mine was cracking and on it's way to rupturing at 50K miles, and I run a catch can to minimalize the PCV oil mist. It is always good to check the oil level and have a general looksie under the hood once every week or so. That has always been my habit since I was a kid, have a found my fair share of small issues and corrected them before they became bigger problems over the years because of that habit.

Speaking of kids, my both of my daughters (who are in their 20s and clueless about cars) have older cars and don't live at home, but they come by once a month or so for a few hours. It drives me crazy, I will be looking over and/or working on their cars and they want to leave, but I am in the middle of changing the oil and rotating the tires. On a good day the cars just get a good vacuuming and power washing. Both of them are pigs when it comes to their cars. They better marry a mechanical man like their Daddy :LOL:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Funny Dunken, I get in my kids Silverado and I start looking around like I lost something. My son says "what are you looking for?" My answer was "a vagrant who left his $hit in you truck!"

They're all the same but at least my kid is mechanically inclined and does his own maitainance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wondering how many have experienced this failure? Still under extended warranty, waiting for the gm 6 piece kit to arrive. I’m a bit concerned about the oil drool and the hot side of the upper air to air pipes getting greasy around the rubber boots too… This seems to be a semi-recent development. Wondering if the turbo may be leaking a bit of oil as well? I discovered the problem just by looking in the passenger side wheel well, plain as day to see! Truck is a stock 2016 with 85000 miles! I visited this site quite a bit 3yrs ago when I purchased the truck, haven’t been back much since. I can’t believe how many instances engines self destructing have occurred since then! Thought I had a solid machine, now starting to wonder?
Hi
Hi had a similar issue at around 80,000 miles on my 2016 diesel the upper intake hose from intercooler to intake got busted
Hi I had a similar issue with my 2016 colorado diesel. The upper intake hose coming from intercooler to intake can busted i had to MacGyver it to home went to home depot and bought some 2 inch rubber hose and rubber elbows to fix problem until I got home .just the hose was $250 from dealer good luck finding it else where no one has it .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Speaking of kids, my both of my daughters (who are in their 20s and clueless about cars) have older cars and don't live at home, but they come by once a month or so for a few hours. It drives me crazy, I will be looking over and/or working on their cars and they want to leave, but I am in the middle of changing the oil and rotating the tires. On a good day the cars just get a good vacuuming and power washing. Both of them are pigs when it comes to their cars. They better marry a mechanical man like their Daddy :LOL:
I have to laugh.....I too have spoiled my girls.. They know when they come to visit their car will have fluids and tire pressure checked and washed

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks like sasquatch parts had a samco replacement for the op's busted part. And the rest of the piping too but you can just pick up the one little guy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts