Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had our truck in several times on losing oil. Every time they test it nothing happens they Add oil and say nothing is wrong. We did the test this last time(we are 300 miles from Warranty and they say truck is leaking from turbo but not at a rate to be alarmed) My question is. It’s been happening and documented when we go to dealership each time there is a problem. I’m still slightly under warranty what is the right thing to do without losing your **** with them

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Soon as you get out of warranty, then they'll say it's a problem and needs to be replaced. I don't know the proper parts that would need replaced, but I think I would definitely look in to replacing the turbo if it's leaking oil. GM says that using some oil is okay. Depends how much you're losing between changes. 1 quart over 3k miles? That seems severe-ish. 1 quart over 7k miles? Maybe not so severe. I've only noticed on one oil change of mine that I lost any oil.

You should also probably look at getting a catch can for your truck. I just finally installed mine at 60k miles and just like everyone says, my PCV and intake were all oily. So I know I have been losing some oil that way. I haven't looked yet to see how much oil has collected but I don't think I've driven 500 miles yet since installed.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
We have had our truck in several times on losing oil. Every time they test it nothing happens they Add oil and say nothing is wrong. We did the test this last time(we are 300 miles from Warranty and they say truck is leaking from turbo but not at a rate to be alarmed) My question is. It’s been happening and documented when we go to dealership each time there is a problem. I’m still slightly under warranty what is the right thing to do without losing your **** with them
Is your turbo actually leaking oil or do you have tons of blow-by? Mine had tons of blow-by. Oil was coming out of the turbo/intercooler connections

1 - 4 of 4 Posts