Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after months of being a good citizen and driving in stock+ mode with my DuramaxTuner, I decided to kick it up to mode 3, Sport-Economy. Shockingly it does just what it says. A noticeable kick in the pants with no discernible loss in fuel economy. I got blown away by a V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee in Stock+ Mode and said "Never Again!".

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have a different tuner, but my truck stays in tune 3 all the time which is pretty much the same as yours. It's the most fuel efficient tune anyways that I have. I only turn it down to the tow tune if I'm actually pulling something heavy, which rarely happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had the DuramaxTuner on my 2018 Canyon for a few months. I run in #4 all the time. I have a BDS 5.5 Coilover suspension lift with Toyo MT 33x12.5 on 18x10 Moto Metals. Everything under the hood is stock except for a K&S air filter.

My mileage before the lift was 30+ on the flat South Florida highway at 70. I'm now at 22.9 on tune 3 and 22.7 on tune 4 at 70 testing on 50 mile runs. Once I got 27.4 with a good tailwind.

So while I agree there is a jump from in power from tune 1 to 3, there's an equal jump from 3 to 4 without any loss of mileage. Might want to give it a go if you really want to have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts