Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having the camera turned on while you're going forward, to check and see if things are okay on what you're towing behind you would be handy for those of us who haven't been able to purchase tow mirrors or an aftermarket camera system for towing. Didn't know if anyone knew of a way to do it or had heard of it being done. Thanks.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean, I have the standard infotainment system that comes with the Canyon, but I don't remember ever seeing the camera button on there. Unless you have to search for it?

·
Registered
157 Posts
The camera button we see only keeps the image on for ~10 seconds. Is there another button or another way to use ours?

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is a pretty cool feature on my 2018. I haven't used it with the boat hooked up yet, but looks like it will be nice to check a trailer while driving. Hopefully my pic works.
upload_2019-4-19_10-35-41.png

·
Registered
577 Posts
That is a nice feature. I was watching the review of the 2019 and they have a trailer hookup assist line on the camera with the new info system. Also they have a front camera in the grille. It make me feel my 2017 is a dinosaur.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I have done that before but not sure my 17 has the ability. I think it might be something that is available on the 18 trucks and newer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The 17's don't have that ability. I've been considering one of the 'multi camera' interface options out because I want the manual rear camera and automatic speed sensitive front camera - but they are expensive (two examples);
Multi-Camera Interface - PAC
Chevrolet and GMC Multi-Camera System for Factory LCD Screen
Do a web search on the words: gm multi cam interface io6

Ideally I would like something like the above interfaces with full time background dual camera DVR/dashcam type loop recording for too but I haven't found that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
years ago I owned a BMW 3 series X drive wagon, I drove it until my back could not take it any more... but there were a couple of companies, (groups) that offered a "flash" or whatever they called it, where they could get into the system software of the vehicle, and change all kinds of programming, to me this is a classic example... "flashing" the system so that the rear camera could be viewed all the time, or whenever desired. Anyone?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts