Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am having some vibration from the firewall when the truck is almost to a stop and the engine is at idle.
The vibration is on the passenger side and goes away when the truck starts moving again.

I found that the ECU is mounted loosely in a plastic cradle. The bottom of the cradle is not very sturdy.

I am going to install some rubber pads to the back of the ECU to make it fit in the cradle better. Only a dollar to test.. If I still have a problem I will take it to the Dealer.

Anyone else having this problem?

Luis

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a vibration/rattle around 1200-1800 rpms. It's not always however, comes and goes. Location is is passenger side somewhere around the firewall. Haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just adding to this for any future readers. My '16 Z71 just had this occur this week for the first time after 3+ years and ~56k miles. Found a very loud rattle from the passengers side dash that matched engine rpm at idle, in drive or reverse, not neutral. As RPM's increased or while driving, it would go away. I found the bulletin PIT5505A which mentions 3 different areas to inspect for causes of rattles, the PCM being one of them. Stating to add two 10mmx20mmx1.2mm foam pads to the drivers side of the PCM cradle on the bulkhead. During this process, I put the PCM back in the cradle and attempted to move it within the cradle by hand to see if I could tell it was now a tighter fit. Upon doing this, I found the PCM and cradle moving together. I removed the PCM again and found all 3 mounting nuts (10mm) for the cradle to bulkhead were about 2 full turns backed off. Re-tightened them and noise is gone. I may go back and add some thread locker (loc-tite) to the threads just to make sure they don't back off again. So just sayin, while your in there adding foam to the cradle, take a few seconds and make sure the mounting nuts for the cradle are tight as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts