Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever gotten a refund on their purchased warranty w/ gm? I have done it before when I traded or wrecked a vehicle that still had a warranty coverage, but that was with toyota. They have no problem wadding up your warranty and writing you a check for the prorated difference. Thinking since I have already fubar'd most of my warranty I should just sell the extended warranty back to the dealership. ... It would pay for more mods or my delete HaHa

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have done it several times. You normally just have to get the right guy in finance that will actually help you. Some of them say its not possible and the next guy will walk you right through it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yes, they bought back my 2012 Volt after there was a nation wide recall on the battery catching fire. They wanted to fix it, but I told them I was afraid the fire will kill me. They took it back and gave me a pro-rate refund base on mileage.

Toyota and BMW, I had to file in court under the lemon law.

·
Registered
213 Posts
no experience with GM, but I did do it with a Honda a few years ago. Most of them will tell you up front that it is refundable, not sure what your experience was when you purchased it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Has anyone here ever gotten a refund on their purchased warranty w/ gm? I have done it before when I traded or wrecked a vehicle that still had a warranty coverage, but that was with toyota. They have no problem wadding up your warranty and writing you a check for the prorated difference. Thinking since I have already fubar'd most of my warranty I should just sell the extended warranty back to the dealership. ... It would pay for more mods or my delete HaHa
I work in a GM dealership in Finance. I just saw this...if you have not cancelled yet I'll do it for you. [email protected]

·
Registered
208 Posts
How so fubar'd RCD? With mods that voided it? If so, would any extra warranty claims be honored? The seller might then calc what they have at risk - essentially nothing - and make a proportionate offer. But that being said, it would be a good marketing move for them to prorate back to you, no matter what. These are birds nests on the ground for the sellers, and they market the **** out of them. Being nice to you now, as a customer with good social media and writing skills, would reward them later...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts