Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This squeak noise comes and goes, and is almost certainly driveline noise, I just can't tell from where exactly ... With the windows up I can't hear it at all. With them down I can barely hear it from inside unless there's a wall or something nearby to reflect the sound back at me, but it's quite loud and turns heads from outside the truck.

Any ideas before I put it up on jackstands and put it in gear to try to find where the noise is coming from?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/i9mXHX5xTUqPPC179

·
Registered
50 Posts
Someone on here once said to check - emergency brake cable under the driver side. It worked for me might be worth checking also for you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it constant, or with light pressure on the brake pedal?
Comes and goes but has nothing to do with brake pressure. Under acceleration you just can't hear it over engine noise... But it's extremely prominent, for example, at a drive through.

I thought I read something once from someone else that said it was the transfer case front output shaft seal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
0EA39D7C-45E1-4298-BE27-8D3828D81E37.png
Mine is in the shop right now for the front output shaft seal. It’s a high pitched squeak at low speeds and goes away at higher speeds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts