Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

What's The Last Thing You Did To Your Colorado/Canyon

16K views 46 replies 8 participants last post by  EKarlW 
#1 ·
I painted my exhaust tip flat black...
Just something so simple and cheap, to me, made a big difference in the looks of my Colorado.
I couldn't stand the bare metal look of the exhaust tip.

I also bent my antenna... Because after my 5" of lift it literally just barely grazed the garage door. You couldn't even hear it... going forward... But backing up??? Wow... It grabbed it and it sounded awful. Probably because it's angled so much.

Anyhow I bent it back just a bit... Fit's perfect now.

I will post pics this week.

Bent Antenna & Black Exhaust Tip.

#3 ·
Just put some Husky floor liners in the rear. The fronts I ordered from Amazon warehouse came in the correct box, but were Max liner brand and from what I could find were made for a Hyundai Santa fe so no go there.... So much for buying open box items from Amazon to save a few $

#4 ·
I usually buy Weathertech but have owned Husky before. While shopping floor liners for the new Canyon I found no definitive answer if either brand covered over the rubber weatherstrip to the sill of the rocker, all either one said in their ads were 'may or may not cover' and there were no GMT-700 model specific pictures either.

I only found the Husky liners covered the weatherstrip by reading reviews where one buyer w/ a new Canyon commented on that. These Husky's are good liners, you'll like 'em. Only wish they were taller at the throttle pedal area, easy fix tho w/ a strip of carpeting or plastic.

#5 ·
yeah I wanted ones that covered the raised portion as well. Sounded like the Weathertech did not which I kind of find odd. The rear mat did come up onto the raised portion so I'm sure the fronts will as well. I've used both brands in the past and find that they have both been pretty equal in quality.

#17 · (Edited)
Yes to the performance, the truck is rowdy when you want it to be and effortlessly glides other times. Boost seemingly always on tap.
Yea to the money, for me, at least.
Yes to the mpg. Finally. There is a bit of time where the transmission is in learn mode and I couldn't keep my foot out of the happy pedal for a while. She was drinking it for the first hundred miles or so.

Not exactly scientific but it seems now that I'm seeing the sameish as stock mpg, which is good because I lost two-ish after the 32" duratracs. Haven't been on the freeway, but I got about 2 mpg back around town. Unless I'm hot-dogging it and then it eats fuel, but it's fun.

#21 · (Edited)
Twas a busy Saturday. Added the second deck level in the bed, I have a shell and love a place to throw a sleeping bag on while dunking chocolate chip cookies in brandied coffee during rainstorms at Rialto Beach.

Finished the de-badging effort; all three Colorado's, the big @$$ back bowtie, the two crookedly applied (different angles and locations from each other) Duramax Diesel tags, and the sadly embarrassing crookedly slapped on UAW Wentzville MO sticker on the drivers door.

And added a green titanium tritium marker/fob to my remote's keyring.

#24 ·
Finished the de-badging effort; all three Colorado's, the big @$$ back bowtie, the two crookedly applied (different angles and locations from each other) Duramax Diesel tags, and the sadly embarrassing crookedly slapped on UAW Wentzville MO sticker on the drivers door.

And added a green titanium tritium marker/fob to my remote's keyring.

Would love to see some pictures of the de-badged look.

#28 · (Edited)
Fixed my rear shock being too short issue.

Thanks to @Backwoodssob for the tip on the 1500 shocks. The shocks that fox spec'd for the colorado are up to 1" rear lift; total extended length of just over 23" my static shock length is over 22" leaving me no travel and a clunky top out over bumps. My brother is an engineer at fox and cross referenced the 1500 fox shocks for me, they're valved exactly the same as the Colorado fox shocks and have the same eyelet width and mounting bolt diameter, but they're 2" longer because they're for a 1500 w/ up to 1" lift

Material property Font Metal Symbol

Tire Automotive tire Auto part Tread Vehicle

#29 ·
Fixed my rear shock being too short issue.

Thanks to backwoodssob for the tip on the 1500 shocks. The shocks that fox spec'd for the colorado are up to 1" rear lift; total extended length of just over 23" my static shock length is over 22" leaving me no travel and a clunky top out over bumps. My brother is an engineer at fox and cross referenced the 1500 fox shocks for me, they're valved exactly the same as the Colorado fox shocks and have the same eyelet width and mounting bolt diameter, but they're 2" longer because they're for a 1500 w/ up to 1" lift

View attachment 2073
View attachment 2081
That's awesome. Will you post the part numbers somewhere?

#34 · (Edited)
Drove it to the mountains and went for a hike. It was parked in 90° direct sun and coming back I noticed the large tailgate bow tie badge was hanging on by a thread.

Remembered @EKarlW debadged his, which I was on the fence about how I thought it looked. Hadn't planned on debadging mine, But, I figured I would try it and if I didn't like it I could tape it back on properly so it wasn't hanging on.

well, I didn't know it, but that's exactly what she needed. Looks way better now in my opinion, and that's the only one that counts anyway (; anytime you remove chrome it is a good thing. Thanks again @EKarlW, you were the first

Fyi there was quite a bit of tape in the middle and top and bottom, but hardly any far right and left. Also had a couple deep nicks under the badge.

Vehicle door Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive window part

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.