Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered the colorado, I opted to order the LT and build up the options I wanted (specifically leather). Aside from cosmetics, what other differences are there? Suspension?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Off the top of My head the Z71 has a skid plate package and rear locking differential (g80 rpo code) The shocks may be different (they look the same) but the rest of the suspension would be the same.

Other than that it's cosmetic stuff as you already mentioned, they tend to be decently equipped and have minimal chrome.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Z71/LT/ZR2(for grins)

It looks like 'hill descent control' is the most substantial item from a Z71 you really can't add as an option or get after-market on the LT. The forward collision and lane departure features might have been nice on the 71 though...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Emissions override "available"? Lol

Good info, dude

Offroad suspension consists of "special shocks" and transfer case shield. How is a t-case skid part of suspension? Lol

I actually use the hill descent control when I'm towing. There is this one park that I hit which has a very steep gravel entrance, so the exit is a steep gravel descent. I let the truck do the work, it works ok even with the gravel slipping under foot

·
Registered
587 Posts
Z71/LT/ZR2(for grins)

It looks like 'hill descent control' is the most substantial item from a Z71 you really can't add as an option or get after-market on the LT. The forward collision and lane departure features might have been nice on the 71 though...
The collision warning suck. It's a camera system that get set of every time you go under a bridge driving toward the sun. And it goes off in curves when you pass the vehicle in the next lane.

I have the Denali with it as standard option.

·
Registered
128 Posts
basically, the zr1 is going to have almost all the amenities standard, with only a few options to be added. obviously there are quite a few options off-road that you cant get on any of the others. the LT is below the z71 but can add many options the z71 has plus full leather seats rather than the z71 seat.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Z71/LT/ZR2(for grins)

Thanks, that was useful. Since I have a diesel, is the exhaust brake option equivalent?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks, that was useful. Since I have a diesel, is the exhaust brake option equivalent?
No, the Hill Descent Control uses the ABS system to keep the wheels from locking and sliding when going downhill on loose material. One of the things that bugs me is they offer all these 'option$' which should be standard as they are simple switchable programming changes based upon the basic operation and mechanics of the ABS (stub) system already in place, other programming variations are anti-skid and electronic stability control.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The collision warning suck. It's a camera system that get set of every time you go under a bridge driving toward the sun. And it goes off in curves when you pass the vehicle in the next lane.

I have the Denali with it as standard option.
...AND in heavy rain (when it would be very helpful) it fails.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Wow. Glad I didn't get that package. i didn't really want it, but One of the canyons I looked at had it. But my wife already tells me how to drive, I don't need the truck chiming in as well.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Wow. Glad I didn't get that package. i didn't really want it, but One of the canyons I looked at had it. But my wife already tells me how to drive, I don't need the truck chiming in as well.
It is a useless and outdated system. It use a camera, so and thing big (heavy rain, large shadow spot or roundabouts) will set it off.

A large falling leaf will set it off as you drive above a certain speed as well.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
It is a useless and outdated system. It use a camera, so and thing big (heavy rain, large shadow spot or roundabouts) will set it off.

A large falling leaf will set it off as you drive above a certain speed as well.
My wife's Mazda has the full aid system. Her blind spot monitoring works as it should, and the rear cross traffic monitoring works even if a shopping cart or child goes by. But, the forward collision has locked up the brakes when she was pulling into a parking spot facing a bent up fence post and has been off a few times during cold weather

·
Registered
587 Posts
My wife's Mazda has the full aid system. Her blind spot monitoring works as it should, and the rear cross traffic monitoring works even if a shopping cart or child goes by. But, the forward collision has locked up the brakes when she was pulling into a parking spot facing a bent up fence post and has been off a few times during cold weather
That would annoy the crap out of me if my truck lock up on me going into a parking space.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts