Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Can someone tell me where the A/C drain is on my 2017Duramax? I can see it dripping from under the drivers side, but can’t see a tube. There is what I think looks like a hold in the heat shielding/sound detoning silver material and I get some water coming from that hole but it’s also dripping out from the side of the silver heat shielding near the frame too. Is the drain hose tucked up between the shielding and the floor of the truck? I expected to see a drain nipple like every other car for the past 50+ years....

Have that A/C odor I’m trying to fix.

Thanks,
Art.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi all,

Can someone tell me where the A/C drain is on my 2017Duramax? I can see it dripping from under the drivers side, but can’t see a tube. There is what I think looks like a hold in the heat shielding/sound detoning silver material and I get some water coming from that hole but it’s also dripping out from the side of the silver heat shielding near the frame too. Is the drain hose tucked up between the shielding and the floor of the truck? I expected to see a drain nipple like every other car for the past 50+ years....

Have that A/C odor I’m trying to fix.

Thanks,
Art.
You are correct it's on the drivers side at the heat shield. It leaves the airbox just to the right of your right foot.
Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct it's on the drivers side at the heat shield. It leaves the airbox just to the right of your right foot. View attachment 9162
Thanks for the picture. How to I locate where it actually exits the floor pan? I unscrewed the heat shield from under the truck and was able to get my hand up in there but I wouldn't seem to find any outlet hose/nipple. Does anyone have a picture of where their drip hose drips from? It's driving me nuts, it should not be this difficult I think..... I will look in the area near where the accelerator is. From the picture it looks like maybe it drips from the top of the transmission hump?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks for the picture. How to I locate where it actually exits the floor pan? I unscrewed the heat shield from under the truck and was able to get my hand up in there but I wouldn't seem to find any outlet hose/nipple. Does anyone have a picture of where their drip hose drips from? It's driving me nuts, it should not be this difficult I think..... I will look in the area near where the accelerator is. From the picture it looks like maybe it drips from the top of the transmission hump?
I couldn't find anything in the service manual that showed the bottom side referencing the A/C Drain. But based on the pic below it's just a short nipple, that may be why you couldn't feel a drain hose.

Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, when I unhooked the shielding it’s difficult to get your hand up that far. Seems like a poor design to me to have the water run down the padded side of the shielding. But since there is a 1” hole in the shielding below where I think the hose drains, that seems like their solution. My original intention was to use that foam you shoot up thru the drain hose but since I can’t get to it I got some automotive A/C mildew killer stuff. I loosened the intake cowl under the hood, removed the plastic water shield and shot it directly into the fresh air intake with the fan on high. We’ll see how that works. Hopefully no more smell for a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts