Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The only EGR delete that I know of so far is the one from OZ Tuner. I believe I saw it on Xtreme Diesel Performance for $95.

As for the DPF delete, you have to go with either a down-pipe back or turbo-back exhaust. aFe makes their Large-Bore 3 inch exhaust with or without a muffler, and with or without an exhaust tip. Have seen that on both XDP's site, or Dale's Superstore website. for $413 to 593, depending which combination you go with. It also claims to be stainless steel pipe.

Flo-Pro has one as well, which is turbo-back, with a performance muffler (could probably get an insert of straight pipe or flex-pipe if you did not want the muffler), 3 inch stainless steel, no exhaust tip for $353 off of Dale's Superstore. I have yet to delete my truck, but I think I would be more likely to choose the Flo-Pro over the aFe.

I have also considered having a shop custom make me a 4 inch exhaust (since no manufacturer makes one). There is a guy on one of the Facebook groups who modified an MBRP 4 inch system from a Gen 2 Dodge Ram (ext. cab design I think?) to fit his Colorado and it sounds deeper and better than a 3 inch.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Green diesel is software only & you must buy the exhaust from someone else.
Also I think to do these you have to buy their tune first , but it keeps GM’s software from creating a fault when you delete

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Green diesel is software only & you must buy the exhaust from someone else.
Also I think to do these you have to buy their tune first , but it keeps GM’s software from creating a fault when you delete
Yes, to delete your truck, you should definitely tune it first before you start removing parts. Unless you leave your truck sit until you get the tuner. Otherwise, the truck will become very unhappy to say the least....:confused:

GDE, MotorOps, Dans Diesel Performance, Jason Hackler Tuning, and Oz Tuner (I think, not positive on Oz though) all have tunes capable of delete tuning.
- MotorOps is really Duramax Tuner but out of Canada and I've heard they have issues with messages continually popping up on the DIC. Uses an autocal and DSP4 switch.
- GDE seems good; I THINK they have a tune much like Duramax Tuner that doesn't disable anything, it is just a tune. I KNOW they have emissions intact tuning (which turns off the emissions equipment, but you leave it where it is), and they have off-road tuning (turns it off and allows you to remove everything you don't want). I have heard they have problems with their transmission tune, but I believe they may be working to fix it. Talk to someone who has their stuff and see what they think though. Uses an autocal with a single one-size-fits-all tune.
- Dans Diesel has been around with the full-size trucks for while and I haven't heard anything bad about their tunes with our engine, but I don't know many who have their tunes, so...Uses an autocal with a DSP4 switch.
- Jason Hackler is newer to me. He is on the Facebook groups and he seems to have put a lot of work into his tuning for the trucks. He claims to have a better engine and transmission tune than GDE as well, a little less power but more reliable and better mpg's and has a few customers who have switched over from them to him and have given a review to back this claim up as well. Uses an autocal and DSP4 switch.
- Oz Tuner: I'm not sure about their product. I believe I have heard of 1 person having their product, and I believe they have similar issues to MotorOps with the DIC messages. I THINK they use an autocal with a DSP4 switch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts