Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like following Project Farm on YouTube. He does a lot of good work on interesting topics. I recently shared his one on diesel fuel anti-gel treatments somewhere on here. I thought this one was share-worthy too. I hope this carries over to gasoline engines (so long as you use good oil; I'm running AMSOIL products in my Civic and Canyon) as my Civic is approaching 1 year from the oil change as It just hasn't been driven. Enjoy!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Great video! I love that guy.

T6 in my Canyon, have done a few Blackstone oil samples with excellent results. Not saying it is "best" or anything, just that T6 is inexpensive, widely available for cheap at Walmart, and it works well in our 2.8s.

I run T6 in my motorcycle too, as the bike does not have a CAT and as it does not have friction modifiers, T6 is wet clutch friendly for motorcycles. Running the same oil in the 2.8 and bike simplified my life too :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Synthetic's and oil technology have come a long way, but annual oil change, no thanks. 5K drains with filter for mine with the GM approved Dexos 2, I consider it cheap engine insurance and assurance, especially as the exhaust is re cycled for emissions and some of the pollutants are trapped in the oil.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Trucks cost too much money to take the chance. That is my opinion. It may be fine. Amsoil may the cure for cancer and the fountain of youth for engines. I'm not going to roll the dice with my money. As soon as I am no longer contractually obligated to run the crap ass Dexos garbage, it will be my old standby Mobil 1 and 5k.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Trucks cost too much money to take the chance. That is my opinion. It may be fine. Amsoil may the cure for cancer and the fountain of youth for engines. I'm not going to roll the dice with my money. As soon as I am no longer contractually obligated to run the crap ass Dexos garbage, it will be my old standby Mobil 1 and 5k.
I am with the same school of thought as oak1971

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mobil 1 0/40 is D2 approved and very good oil. I use T6 as it is less expensive and easy to get and I am tuned,, so T6 is for me. If stock and concerned with warranty documentation, this oil would be a fine choice.

If you really wanna go crazy, buy a matching cap to go with the oil :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts