Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been eyeing this wheels for a while and really like them.
Fuel Beats D564

They come 20x9 with a 1 offset. Is that a good offset for our truck? What do you think are the biggest tires I can pop on these without lift or level.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I am certain we have answered these questions for you. @RollyPollieBenito and myself have both spoken on wheels and tires.

I will help you one more time despite you being unwilling to read and take the advice given to you.

If you do not understand offset you may end up with a wheel that looks stupid on your truck. I can’t help you with that.

an offset of 1mm will stick out approximately 1.75” more than factory which is approximately .75” wider than the wheels on my truck. I have 18x9 with an offset of 20mm. Search if you want to find pics

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dude your right and my bad....those will stick out awfully ugly. Man theres such few wheel choices that fit our weird 6x120 pattern

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
You’re right there aren’t that many.

If they stick out too far you’re in danger of hitting the fenders when you turn or even over bumps

Wheels can make or break the whole look, took me months to pick out a set.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Check 589 fabrication.
They have wheels manufactured by REV Wheel, a very quality bunch, but a 17" bead lock wheel.
Might not be your thing if you plan to put a 20" wheel on a 4X4.
I prefer more sidewall on my trucks, but I use mine on gravel and back country.
A 20" wheel tire combo will certainly sharpen steering response at the risk if rim damage if used off pavement.
Ensure your wheels are hub centric with a 67 mm hub.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate it. I may need to go to an 18 wheel as I prefer to have AT tires. There’s just not a lot of options in tires for a 20 inch wheel

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
All good points.

I would also suggest staying away from E rated tires. Not only do they weigh a ton, which kills accel/braking/mpg, but they’re super stiff. Most useful sizes of BFG ATs are E rated, unfortunately. That’s why I run a different tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts