Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having issue with the driver window auto up. When I use the auto up feature, the window would go up 3/4 way and come back down to about halfway and stop. It keep doing this a few time as I try to use the auto up. After about 4-5 times, an error message appears in the gauge console telling me I have to open and close the driver door. Open and close the driver door eliminate the error message but the problem with the window persist.

Anybody have this issue or know how to fix it?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Have you installed in channel visors? There is an anti-pinch feature that will do what you deacribed if it thinks it's closing on a finger

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
No, I haven't install anything other than tint films on my window.
Hmm. Ok. Have you tried "re teaching" the window? Back in the day our Scion tC auto window would "forget" and you'd have to hold the button and roll the window all the way down and then all the way up one full time maybe two full times for it to "re learn". Don't push the button all the way, because that's the auto feature, just roll it down manually with the button and then up. On that scion car, the window button had an led indicator and it would flash to let you know. May work on the truck, wouldn't hurt to try

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Midnight is at the dealer. They couldn't figure out why the window did all that weird up and down. They need to keep it another day. So I will be truckless for now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been having issue with the driver window auto up. When I use the auto up feature, the window would go up 3/4 way and come back down to about halfway and stop. It keep doing this a few time as I try to use the auto up. After about 4-5 times, an error message appears in the gauge console telling me I have to open and close the driver door. Open and close the driver door eliminate the error message but the problem with the window persist.

****I realize it's been over a year since this thread was started but I figured I would state that my 2016 colorado 2.8l had the same issue. Luckily, the truck was still under warranty so I took it in they found the problem with the regulator, replaced it and has been working properly ever since.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
****I realize it's been over a year since this thread was started but I figured I would state that my 2016 colorado 2.8l had the same issue. Luckily, the truck was still under warranty so I took it in they found the problem with the regulator, replaced it and has been working properly ever since.
Well, since you resurrected this post, I might as well give an update.

After changing the actuator, the window work as design until last month. Went back to dealer and they kept truck for 1 week so GM engineer can look at it. After the engineer pool around, the concluded that the window trim was bent and causing the safety feature to kick in. They replaced the trims and everything working again.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same issue have no idea what wrong other than the tent on my window is putting some friction on the glass and rubber.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts