Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed and tried it out for a week, but didn't like the tune so went w/ a compliant tune and no longer need the exhaust.

Replaces from down pipe back and will fit crew cab long bed. Has black exhaust tip.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't like rolling black smoke if I even thought about touching the accelerator and no support from the vendor for that particular tune due to EPA (had purchased the exhaust and tune prior to EPA crackdown). Ran the deleted tune for about a week. Switched to the compliant tune and didn't notice a seat of the pants difference so opted for no smoke and vendor support if needed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok, I am new to this. Why do all this in the 1st place? Does this increase performance in terms of power and MPG? I sincerely want to understand, not being smart.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Didn't like rolling black smoke if I even thought about touching the accelerator and no support from the vendor for that particular tune due to EPA (had purchased the exhaust and tune prior to EPA crackdown). Ran the deleted tune for about a week. Switched to the compliant tune and didn't notice a seat of the pants difference so opted for no smoke and vendor support if needed.
Who was the original tuner?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I am new to this. Why do all this in the 1st place? Does this increase performance in terms of power and MPG? I sincerely want to understand, not being smart.
Multiple reasons - for me, it was to remove the delay when pressing the accelerator pedal, correct speedometer for increase in tire diameter, and increase in power/mpg (multiple tunes using the DSP4 switch)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts