Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
the only thing I have found is stock height fox or some other variant replacement shocks. other then that I would go drive a 3500 dually and then come back and enjoy the ride of your truck lol. sorry man.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
This is why they ride stiff at factory height. Note the bumpstop just touches the lower control arm when sitting parked. It wasn't parked perfectly level, but the other was almost touching as well.

IMG_5766.JPG

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm going to have to crawl under my truck and check that out. I know the Z71's ride a little rougher, as expected, but I find it annoying on the stutter type bumps. I wish I could get some Old Man Emu shocks for my truck like I have on my Jeep. They are awesome!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Maybe not exactly what the OP is referring to but just my 0.02

'16 Canyon SLT 4X4 , not Z71. Rides like a truck again not like the full size Silverado/ Sierra w/ the Cadillac-like ride. Empty, the rear catches expansion joints, potholes and bumps like trucks of old, front not so much. The rear got a little squirrelly nailing the throttle out of a intersection to beat traffic. Not a deal killer tho. I think the rear is sprung heavier like it feels having to do w/ tow capacity.

For winter driving ballast I put 200# of sand bags in the rear behind a 2X6 in the factory bedliner slot. Really smoothed the ride out, still rides like a truck just not as much 'old school' truck.

For the front, taking notes here and waiting till spring to decide on a leveling kit. Shocks my be an option down the road too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts