·
Super Moderator
576 Posts
Reactions: DeeK

·
Registered
2016 GMC Canyon 2.8
4 Posts
Anybody have any experience with this kit?
2016-2019 Colorado Canyon Duramax DPF DEF Delete Kit (bigdaddydiesel.com)

After many trips to the shop, I have decided a delete and tune is what needs to happen.
If not that kit which tune with the ability to shut off emissions would you recommend?
Hey, did you end up getting this kit? I’ve been looking at it too recently. I heard it was HD Diesels new site. The only thing that concerns me is passing inspection where I live and the difficulty of putting the stock back on.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey, did you end up getting this kit? I’ve been looking at it too recently. I heard it was HD Diesels new site. The only thing that concerns me is passing inspection where I live and the difficulty of putting the stock back on.
I spoke to them on the phone.
If you're worried about passing emissions then don't purchase the kit.
You eliminate the DEF system and the particulate filter in the exhaust system. The exhaust from the engine to the tailpipe is replaced. You also deactivate the EGR valve by either disconnecting it or removing it. Depending on where you live the emissions testing varies from state to state. Then you retune the ECU. Best thing to do is call them. Everyone has a different need in tuning.
This is the information I got from them directly based on my truck and model year. I decided against it for cost reasons. It's not cheap. I'm satisfied with my trucks performance for now.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts